What questions are / should young people be asking before they get involved in sexual relations
- Why do I not feel comfortable to tell my parents of my sexual exploits?
- Are my choices regarding sexual activity reflecting my own personal values?
- Do I clearly understand the impact of sex on me as a person? For example on my physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- If I have multiple sex partners what am I telling the world about myself and / or my personal values?
- Do I clearly understand the risks of sex e.g. HIV / AIDS, STD’s or finding myself prematurely pregnant.
- How much can I trust in contraception?
- Am I ready for ALL the consequences of sex? Do I know what these are?
If you are not sure how to answer any of these questions and are seeking advice, or would like to ask any other questions we can offer completely anonymous advice and counsel. PLEASE CONTACT US.
If you are dealing with any of the following
- Are considering an abortion …
- Have an STD
- Have HIV or HIV / AIDS
- Are feeling hurt and broken because a relationship on which you gave of yourself sexually has ended
- Are feeling ashamed
- Are feeling scared because you don’t want to have sex, or if you have and are now worried about the consequences
- Are feeling pressured to get involved sexually but do not feel ready or that you want to
- Are you scared to talk to your parents about sexual issues?
PLEASE CONTACT US. We can talk to you and help you find answers.